Last day of dessert week. Hope everyone enjoyed it! I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like Oreos so that is why I chose this dessert.
- 3/4 cup spelt flour (or all-purpose, or gluten-free all-purpose) (120g)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp dutch cocoa powder (30g) (regular cocoa is fine; they just won’t taste as authentic)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp xylitol or sugar (or coconut sugar or evaporated cane juice) (78g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable or coconut oil (44g)
- 3 tbsp milk of choice (45g)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or agave) (30g)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar or Sugar-Free Powdered Sugar (55g)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, or non-hydrogenated shortening (such as Spectrum), or Earth Balance coconut spread (58g)
Combine first 5 ingredients, and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine all liquid ingredients for the cookies. Mix wet into dry to form a dough, then refrigerate 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Put dough in a plastic bag, and smush into one big ball. Remove from bag, roll into a thin dough, and cut flat circles using a circle cutter or a circle-shaped lid. Bake on a greased cookie tray for 10 minutes; they’ll still look a little underdone when they come out of the oven, but that’s ok. Important: allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from the tray.
To make the filling, mix all filling ingredients in a small food processor (or patiently, with a fork). (If using coconut butter, make sure it is melted.) Put about a scant teaspoon-full (3g) on half of the cookie discs, then top each with remaining cookie discs and fridge so filling firms up. Store in the fridge so the filling stays hard.
The skinny truth:
Calories: 64, Fat: 4g, carbs: 6.8g, sugar: 0.8g, protein: 0.8g, Weight Watchers: 2
For more recipes, inspirational quotes, my journey and funny memes check back here tomorrow or visit my Facebook Page
Found via ChocolateCoveredKatie