I really want to try this recipe. I didn’t even know you could bake oatmeal! I learn something new everyday.
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 cups Almond Breeze Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly (or melted and cooled butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups chopped peaches
Peach slices for the top, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 square baking dish and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and almonds.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, and almond extract.
4. Arrange the chopped peaches on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the oat mixture evenly over the peaches. Pour the almond milk mixture over the oats. Gently shake the baking dish to make sure the milk covers the oats evenly. If desired, add a few sliced peaches to the top of the oatmeal. It makes the oatmeal look pretty:)
5. Bake for 40 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
Note-this baked oatmeal is great reheated in the microwave. We like to add a splash of almond milk for extra creaminess! This recipe can easily be doubled for a 9×13 pan. Use gluten-free oats to make this recipe gluten-free.
For more recipes, inspirational quotes, my journey and funny photos check back here tomorrow or visit my Facebook Page
Day two and Day three of T focus 25 finished. Yesterday’s workout my son did with me. Today I did it while he was having his breakfast. He was a little upset that he could not “help me” and made me promise to let him workout with me tomorrow. Today’s workout was total body workout. I notice I had to do a lot of the modified version. That did not bother me since I know I will be able to better myself every single day. I am a work in progress.
This week’s challenge is for me to eat every 2-3 hours. I know what some of you think. I wonder if that girl is eating whole meals every three hours. Uh. No…. three meals a day and small snacks. I tried the tropical strawberry shakeology this morning with coconut milk and it taste a lot better. Thanks to the girls on Facebook for suggesting it to me. I will be sure to update you when I try it with the almond milk. There is also a recipe calendar with different ingredients you can put in it. I had no idea that my son robbed it and had it in his room. Little guy must of taken it whiles I was looking at the other stuff from the box.
What workout are you doing?