Welcome to Breakfast Week! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. My whole family loves pancakes so when I saw this I knew I had to share it with the rest of you.
- 1 cup oat flour (see below for instructions on making your own)
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts (optional)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients together. in another mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except blueberries. Pour wet mixture into dry, and stir until combined and most lumps disappear; fold in blueberries.
Heat griddle to 350°, or until a drop of water sizzles when dropped on griddle. Spray griddle with nonstick cooking spray, and pour on 1/4 cup pancake mix. Turn pancakes over when they begin to dry around the edges and are golden on the bottom. if desired, top pancakes with additional blueberries and banan- as, and drizzle with 100% pure maple syrup.
Tip: To make oat flour, add old- fashioned oats to a blender (1 cup oats makes 1 cup flour), and blend until a flour-like consistency is achieved.
The Skinny Truth
Yield: 6 servings | Serving size: 2 pancakes | Calories: 274 | Previous Points: 6 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 38mg | Carbohydrates: 34g | Dietary Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Protein: 8g
Found via SkinnyMs
Last day of Beverage week. After finding these recipes there are so many that I want to try! I chose this one because who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? Well other than my 5 year old? Every time I go to the mall I pass Cinnabun and think, Man I want one, but I don’t want to destroy my whole day by getting that really big Cinnabun. This way I can get my cinnamon bun fix without those at least 800 calores lol.
1 frozen banana, cut into four pieces
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, and add more almond milk if necessary.
- Pour into a tall glass, add the cinnamon stick for garnish, and enjoy.
Makes one serving
The Skinny Truth
Found via FitSugar
The reason I chose this one as day 6 of beverage week is because Dr Oz usually has some interesting weight loss tips and I really want to try it. When I buy everything I’ll let everyone know either here or on Facebook if it really works. BUT look at all the good stuff that is inside this drink!
- Grapefruit, loaded with vitamin C, will help your body turn fat into fuel.
- Tangerine increases your sensitivity to insulin, stabilizes blood sugar, and stimulates genes to burn fat.
- Cucumber helps you feel full and acts as a natural diuretic, which means less bloating and water retention.
- Peppermint promotes better digestion and calms the stomach, plus it tastes great!
Ingredients per 8 oz serving
1 slice grapefruit
½ cucumber, sliced
2 peppermint leaves
Ice – as much as you like
Wash grapefruit, tangerine cucumber and peppermint leaves. Slice cucumber, grapefruit and tangerine (or peel). Combine all ingredients (fruits, vegetables, 8 oz water, and ice) into a large pitcher. Let it sit over night. The longer it sits the better it tastes.
Stir & Enjoy!
Drink at least one 8 ounce glass three times a day before each meal for 10 days straight.
Found via Diyncrafts