I really want to try this recipe. I didn’t even know you could bake oatmeal! I learn something new everyday.
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 cups Almond Breeze Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly (or melted and cooled butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups chopped peaches
Peach slices for the top, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 square baking dish and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and almonds.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, and almond extract.
4. Arrange the chopped peaches on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the oat mixture evenly over the peaches. Pour the almond milk mixture over the oats. Gently shake the baking dish to make sure the milk covers the oats evenly. If desired, add a few sliced peaches to the top of the oatmeal. It makes the oatmeal look pretty:)
5. Bake for 40 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
Note-this baked oatmeal is great reheated in the microwave. We like to add a splash of almond milk for extra creaminess! This recipe can easily be doubled for a 9×13 pan. Use gluten-free oats to make this recipe gluten-free.
For more recipes, inspirational quotes, my journey and funny photos check back here tomorrow or visit my Facebook Page
Last day of Beverage week. After finding these recipes there are so many that I want to try! I chose this one because who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? Well other than my 5 year old? Every time I go to the mall I pass Cinnabun and think, Man I want one, but I don’t want to destroy my whole day by getting that really big Cinnabun. This way I can get my cinnamon bun fix without those at least 800 calores lol.
1 frozen banana, cut into four pieces
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, and add more almond milk if necessary.
- Pour into a tall glass, add the cinnamon stick for garnish, and enjoy.
Makes one serving
The Skinny Truth
For more recipes, inspirational quotes, my journey and funny memes check back here tomorrow or visit my Facebook Page
Found via FitSugar