Last day of Beverage week. After finding these recipes there are so many that I want to try! I chose this one because who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? Well other than my 5 year old? Every time I go to the mall I pass Cinnabun and think, Man I want one, but I don’t want to destroy my whole day by getting that really big Cinnabun. This way I can get my cinnamon bun fix without those at least 800 calores lol.
1 frozen banana, cut into four pieces
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, and add more almond milk if necessary.
- Pour into a tall glass, add the cinnamon stick for garnish, and enjoy.
Makes one serving
The Skinny Truth
For more recipes, inspirational quotes, my journey and funny memes check back here tomorrow or visit my Facebook Page
Found via FitSugar
I chose this recipe because both my husband and I love cheesecake. He loves plain, but I have yet to find a plan version. I guess I could use this and just not use the blueberry at all. How many of you enjoy a good cheesecake?
1/2 cup reduced fat graham cracker crumbs
1 Tbsp light butter, softened
8-oz pkg reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar (for cheesecake)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
6-oz fat-free plain Greek yogurt
2 large egg whites
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
1 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup sugar (for blueberry sauce)
1 Tbsp cornstarch, mixed with 2 Tbsp cold water
To make cheesecake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. Mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter with a fork until evenly moistened. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
3. Gently beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract until smooth using an electric mixer. Gradually beat in fat free yogurt, egg whites, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and flour until just mixed. Fold in 1 cup fresh blueberries and pour over graham cracker crust.
4. Place the cheesecake pan in a larger baking pan, about 9 x 12 inches with about an inch of water on the bottom to make a water bath. Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until center is almost set and remove. Cool to room temperature. Chill a few hours in the refrigerator.
For the blueberry sauce:
1. While the cheesecake cools, make the sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the 1 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup of water, 1/3 cup sugar and 1Tbsp lemon juice. Stir frequently, and bring to a low boil.
2. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water.
3. Slowly stir the corn starch into the blueberries, taking care not to crush the blueberries. Simmer until the homemade blueberry sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and gently stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
To serve, after cheesecake has chilled, cut into 9 squares and top with blueberry sauce.
The Skinny Truth:
Serves 9. Per Serving: 190 calories, 28g carbs, 6.4g protein, 5.8g fat, 17mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 1.5g fiber
For more recipes, inspirational quotes, my story check back here tomorrow or visit my Facebook Page
Found via Dash Recipes